Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Grilled Tilapia w/ Mango Salsa


Grilled Tilapia a/ Mango Salsa

As I sit at work contemplating, “what should I write?” I am beginning to see that my new self-imposed challenge of writing and posting “more than once every few weeks” is proving to be quite challenging. The discouraging part of that is this is first time I will write and post something two days in a row (meaning, I am not very far into my challenge!). My hubby and I talked last night about the challenges of staying current and remaining entertaining, it is much harder than one would think; my life is just not that exciting! I will either have to start cooking some serious recipes, start conjuring up blog material, or maybe look for a guest writer…these all seem rather daunting! One thing’s for sure, I love a good challenge of the mind and I am pretty bored at work right now so I am going to tough it out!

On to the food! I am always looking for ways to turn boring fish into something with a little more exciting. We tend to eat fish a couple of times a week and this recipe is one of our favorites. We have also used a similar recipe with mahi-mahi and chicken. The other great thing about this recipe is we tend use whatever type of fruit I have in the refrigerator or that is on sale at store. This is an easy, quick, and delicious summer meal.

Grilled Tilapia w/ Mango Salsa

2 (6 ounce) Tilapia fillets
¼ cup of Purple Onion, diced
1 whole Mango, diced
½ of a Jalapeño membranes removed, diced (adjust to level of hotness desired)
2 tbsp Cilantro, chopped
Juice from ½ a lemon or lime (whatever you have around!)
Cumin, Cayenne, Salt, and Pepper (sprinkled on the both sides of the Tilapia)

Dice the purple onion, mango, and jalapeño and put in a small bowel. Add the lemon and cilantro and stir until combined
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate
Sprinkle Cumin, Cayenne, Salt, and Pepper onto both sides of the Tilapia. Rub the spices over the fish with your hands (trust me this approximation works just fine. Remember it is supposed to be quick and easy!)
Grill fillets until the fish is no longer translucent in the center (3-5 minutes per side)
Serve the tilapia with mango salsa topping

Enjoy!

e&e

No comments:

Post a Comment