Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Chicken w/ Asparagus Stir-Fry

Chicken w/ Asparagus Stir-Fry

Based on the weekly requests I receive concerning dinner, I am certain Stir-Fry happens to be one of my hubby’s favorite types of meals. So, I am always looking for ways to change it up. As a result, I have been able to create a few different recipes that have ended up in constant rotation. 

One item he is not a fan of is asparagus (in any form), but I love them (and they are a very healthy vegetable that prevents heart disease). I do get tired of the standard, "grilled asparagus on the side." This recipe combines the vegetables I love with the Stir-Fry he loves! 

The following recipe checks all my requirements for a week night meal:
Quick (less than 30 minutes)
Asparagus that are not just a “grilled side”
All of the ingredients happen to be in my cabinet

Chicken w/ Asparagus Stir Fry
Chicken w/ Asparagus Stir Fry

2 boneless chicken breasts (cut into small pieces)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
3 tbsp olive oil
1 bunch of asparagus cut into 1 inch sections
4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
2 scallions (chopped)
Dash of sesame seeds for garnish

Combine the soy sauce and honey in a zip lock bag. Add the chicken pieces making sure all pieces are coated. Set in refrigerator until ready (this does not require hours of marinating, I think I did for only 15-20 minutes)
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and sauté until cooked (3-5 minutes). Remove asparagus with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Remove chicken from the refrigerator and marinade (reserve marinade for later) until nearly cooked (about 5-7 minutes).
Add garlic, scallions, and reserved marinade to the cooking chicken. Sauté until chicken is cooked through and garlic is fragrant (3-5 minutes).
Remove from the heat and garnish with sesame seeds.

Enjoy

e&e 

1 comment:

  1. Nice recipe, thanks for sharing this here and I hope that I can cook it perfect. I have some recipe here and I will also share it when I have a time. Do you also know on how to make a recipe for stir fry sauce? I wonder on how to make that kind of recipe.

    ReplyDelete