Sunday, August 25, 2013

Refreshing Iced Tea w/ Lemon

Iced Tea w/ Lemon



I have been getting the serious itch to bake lately and I am disappointed to report, it is far to bloody hot hear to even let on that I have turned on my oven! It is definitely the dog days of summer. While I have very little room to complain as the rest of the summer has been quite mild. Never the less, I am looking forward to fall and all the oven usage that comes with falling leaves, cooler temps, and of course the impending snow (even if it is still month away!)

Iced Tea w/ Lemon
So I thought a nice refreshing drink would be a welcomed change from the mostly dinners I have been posting. Now, this is the second attempt at brewed iced tea I have made. My first attempt, so disastrous, it has take me a year to recover and try again. Mostly because the last batch, unwilling to throw out, my husband was the ultimate saint and chocked down several quarts of it. Promising not to try again for a while, it brings us to now! The major mistake on the first batch, thinking more tea bags would equal a greater flavor. In reality that could not be further from the truth. In our case, the high concentration of Lipton Tea Bags not only detracted from the overall "taste" of the iced tea, but morphed the flavor into a god awful burnt, musty, rancid brown liquid. So disgusting I can't even label it as iced tea.

Happy to report, I have just finished an entire glass of cool, refreshing, iced tea that is no where near that description. I can now safely advise on a better method of brewing homemade iced tea!

Refreshing Iced Tea w/ Lemon


6 cups boiling water
2 Lipton Tea Bags
1 lemon
Ice Cubes

Boil the water and pour into a large glass jar.
Unwrap two large Lipton Tea Bags and seep for 3-5 minutes. The longer to let the tea bags seep, the stronger your "flavor" will be. I seeped for 3 minutes only.
Cut up the lemon into small wedges and place into the glass jar. Add 12-24 ice cubes.

Enjoy
e&e

No comments:

Post a Comment