Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Day for Mothers


In honor of the mothers who have faithfully been at our side for the smallest and largest snags and the mothers in law we have both recently acquired we thought we would dedicate this weeks post to each of them.

This day that has been reserved as a celebration to honor mothers, motherhood, and the never-ending sacrifices that ensue. It is a special club that admits only the most deserving of woman. Whether it is mom, mommy, mother, ma, mama, mum, or mummy is not significant. The word is short, simple, and if you were to ask one, I am sure they would all agree it is sometimes overused. The meaning and the gravity behind the noun is greater than any other noun or word I have known.

Mom is woman who gave the ultimate 9-month sacrifice and lord knows how many hours of pain and strategic breathing to give us life. The unfortunate thing for her is the sacrifice pain, and strategic breathing continues long after those initial 9 long months.

To my mommy:
She swaddled me, fed me, changed me, and loved me in the beginning. She disciplined me, she chauffeured me, she clothed me, and loved me in the middle. She encouraged me, she befriended me, she gave me away, and she will love me until the end of time.

To my new mother in law:
You raised with love this gentle man. You devoted your time, your energy, and your affection. This man who cuts my lawn, hangs my blinds, and has promised to make me the hutch of my dreams is the man I will spend my life. He is proud to be your son, and I am blessed to be his wife.

The good, the bad, and the beautiful of our mothers has been deeply rooted in both of us, and for that we are eternally grateful and forever in debt. Thank you, on this special day and all the other days of the year for your love, your patience, and your continued devotion.

e&e


Benn, Sue, & Eric dressed in their finest
Cheryl, Elizabeth, Mike, & Christina celebrating another Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment