Sunday, July 28, 2013

Homemade Asiago Croutons



Homemade Asiago Croutons

We have had an unusually, gray, typical northwest rainy day, especially since it is the end of the July. I think in the three years that I have lived in Denver, Colorado I have yet to experience an entire day of weather like that of the Northwest so I have been taking full advantage of it. During the summer, I turn into an oven Nazi, so with the cool weather I turned on the oven and it was a welcome change!

I think there is one item that can not only take a simple salad and turn it into a truly delicious treat, but can also be a simple detail that gets you praise from any dinner guests. I have had my fair share of croutons, I am pretty sure that is the only reason I eat salad, plus I never count as a true carb because they are a garnish! I have also made my fair share of homemade croutons and until recently was still looking for the best recipe. These croutons are about the laziest “homemade” you can get, but they are very tasty! Hope you enjoy!

Homemade Asiago Croutons

2 loaves of Asiago Cheese Bread from Panera (you can really use any type of bread, I tried this on a whim because Panera gave me two free loafs that were a day old)
Sea Salt to taste
Cracked Peper to taste
Olive Oil to drizzle

Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
Cut both loaves so you get about 1-inch tall by ¼ inch wide small pieces (they tend to shrink while in the oven).
Spread them out on a baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle the salt and cracked pepper.
Bake for 15 minutes. Take out pans to stir and then bake for another 15 minutes.
Let cool and store in an air tight container or zip lock bag.


Enjoy!
e&e

No comments:

Post a Comment