Saturday, January 5, 2013

Oreo Truffles


Oreo Truffles


A favorite, award winner, and a dangerous truffle of sheer goodness. These little truffles pack a pretty big bang for being one of, if not the, easiest cookie I have ever made. When I make these I be sure and have a place to send them too or a person to give them to because I could easily eat the entire batch. For a cookie contest last Christmas I must have baked well over a dozen different options (I can be a little competitive) and landed on these as my entry, reluctantly. I have to say it was the right choice and they have never let me down since then. There is no bake time, no oven, no questions in my mind about whether or not these will be soft enough, etc. With only three measly ingredients these little gems are simple, delicious, and a fan favorite. Enjoy!

Oreo Truffles

1 package of Oreo double stuffed cookies
1 8 oz. light cream cheese 
16 oz. white chocolate almond bark 

Chop oreos into a fine consistency in a food processor. Save a 1/4 cup of the finely chopped Oreos for garnish later and set aside.
Mash the softened cream cheese and crushed Oreos until well combined
Roll the mixture into 1inch truffle balls and place on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Freeze for 15 minutes (if I am in a rush, I skip this step!)
Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute on 50% power. Continue to microwave in 30 second intervals until chocolate is soft and melted. This typically takes me 3-6 rounds of 30 second intervals.
Dip the Oreo truffles into the chocolate and garnish with the Oreo crumbs before the chocolate hardens.
Let the chocolate set, refrigerate, and bask in the baking glory!

e&e

1 comment:

  1. So, OK, here's the deal. Before you continue to post any more of your yummy looking recipes, you must first FedEx your aunt and uncle samples. Otherwise, we might starve to death out here in the desert. And, we would be able to more authoritatively comment on the tastiness of your menu item. That is all.

    ReplyDelete